Part 107 Drone Class Curriculum
TheDroneCoach.com now offers all of our video tutorials online for free. The video lessons will cover most topics required to pass the FAA remote pilot test and in Lesson 12, we provide a 15 minute crash course video that contains comprehensive must-know information to pass the FAA Airmen’s Knowledge Exam. You may also download printed materials and have access to over 200 quiz questions and two 60-question timed practice exams for just $49.00 too. To summarize, our part 107 class curriculum includes:
- Minimum age restrictions to register and operate an sUAS in the United States;
- Understanding the difference between controlled and uncontrolled airspace;
- Understanding regulatory and nonregulatory airspace (Class B, C, D, E, and G airspace);
- How to interpret aeronautical sectional charts in the National Airspace System (NAS);
- Recognizing and understanding weather and its effects on an sUAS;
- Understanding weather patterns and how conditions affect safe aircraft flight;
- Interpreting and understanding routine weather reports (the same weather report manned pilot use);
- Understanding proper manned pilot radio phraseology;
- Understanding how load factors affect flight (‘load’ can be onboard cameras or other payloads);
- Understanding how load factors affect inflight turns, take-offs, and landings, and center of gravity (CG);
- Learning how to work with emergencies and proper emergency procedures and protocol;
- Learning crew resource management (CRM), hazardous attitudes, conducting safe flight operations;
- Understanding physiological factors that can affect safe flight.
Every lesson includes between 12 to 15 multiple choice questions relating specifically to that lesson, and students also have the opportunity to answer 9 to 12 multiple choice questions on their own before moving to the next lesson. In addition to the 60-question quizzes, we also provide nine additional quizzes that focuses around each individual lesson. The two 60-question timed practice exams which will be a lot like the actual test you’ll be taking at one of the exam centers.
Part 107 Drone Class Course
How to Read a METAR Weather Report (Preview)
Class E Airspace Defined (Preview)
Here are a few excerpts from several of our online part 107 video lessons. Our video lessons are between 20 to 60 minutes in length and deliver the most concise information possible. We pride ourselves in emphasizing the most important aspects of each lesson, so students retain the information for a longer period of time and in a shorter amount of time as well.
Thanks again for considering The Drone Coach as your resource for learning and passing part 107 of the FAA Airmen’s Knowledge Exam, and we wish you well on becoming what we like to call a Remote Pilot in Demand™!