Part 107 Drone Class Curriculum
Thank you for making TheDroneCoach.com such a success! To show our gratitude, we are now offering all of our video tutorials online for free! Our FAA part 107 drone tutorials contains everything needed to know to pass the FAA part 107 remote pilot exam. If you wish to download printed materials and have access to over 200 quiz questions, you can sign up online for the low one-time cost of just $49.00! Our video lessons will cover every topic required to pass the FAA remote pilot test and in Lesson 12, we provide a 15 minute crash course video that contains comprehensive must-know information to pass the FAA Airmen’s Knowledge Exam. To summarize, our part 107 class curriculum includes:
- Minimum age restrictions to register and operate an sUAS in the United States;
- Understanding the difference between controlled and uncontrolled airspace;
- Understanding regulatory and nonregulatory airspace (Class B, C, D, E, and G airspace);
- How to interpret aeronautical sectional charts in the National Airspace System (NAS);
- Recognizing and understanding weather and its effects on an sUAS;
- Understanding weather patterns and how conditions affect safe aircraft flight;
- Interpreting and understanding routine weather reports (the same weather report manned pilot use);
- Understanding proper manned pilot radio phraseology;
- Understanding how load factors affect flight (‘load’ can be onboard cameras or other payloads);
- Understanding how load factors affect inflight turns, take-offs, and landings, and center of gravity (CG);
- Learning how to work with emergencies and proper emergency procedures and protocol;
- Learning crew resource management (CRM), hazardous attitudes, conducting safe flight operations;
- Understanding physiological factors that can affect safe flight.
Every part 107 drone class includes 12 multiple choice questions relating specifically to that lesson and students also have the opportunity to answer 9 to 12 multiple choice questions on their own before moving to the next lesson. In addition to the 60-question quizzes, we also provide nine additional quizzes that focuses around each individual lesson. The two 60-question timed practice exams which will be a lot like the actual test you’ll be taking at one of the exam centers.
More importantly, we provide lifetime access to all part 107 class course material and practice exams. Students can review our course material and quizzes as often as they wish until they are ready to schedule their test. Providing that students review the part 107 class materials two to three times, and pass the 60-question practice exams with at last an 80% passing grade, you will be well on your way to becoming an FAA part 107 certified remote pilot.
Part 107 Drone Class Course
How to Read a METAR Weather Report (Preview)
Class E Airspace Defined (Preview)
Here are a few excerpts from several of our online part 107 video lessons. Our video lessons are between 20 to 60 minutes in length and deliver the most concise information possible. We pride ourselves in emphasizing the most important aspects of each lesson, so students retain the information for a longer period of time and in a shorter amount of time as well.
We welcome your questions pertaining to the FAA remote pilot certificate. Obviously we are not attorneys and are not qualified to provide legal advise and regretfully, we cannot answer questions pertaining to a legal matter either. Consequently, if you do have a legal matter pertaining to personal property damage or physical injury, you should contact an attorney that specializes in drone litigation.
Thanks again for considering The Drone Coach as your resource for learning and passing part 107 of the FAA Airmen’s Knowledge Exam, and we wish you well on becoming what we like to call a Remote Pilot in Demand™!
FAA Part 107 Certified | Course Instructor